What time of year is it? IT'S MYSTERY STOLE TIME!!!!
Mystery Stole 4 is now open for sign ups! Yarn! Beads! Lace! Oh Happy, Happy Day!
Never done Mystery Stole before? Don't have a clue what I'm talking about? Well pull up a chair and I'll tell you about it.
For the past 3 summers I have hosted The Mystery Stole Knit Along. The mystery is that no one (but me as the designer) has known what the stole looked like that they were knitting. Each week, a clue gets posted to the group and members download it and knit that part of the stole. At the end of the knitalong you will have a finished stole! The designs are only available in the mystery format through the Knit Along. Once sign ups close, you can only get the design in the traditional pattern format
when it is released. (Leda's Dream
, and Swan Lake
were the Original Mystery Stole, MS2, and MS3, respectively.)
This year's Mystery Stole Knit Along has been designed and will be hosted by my mother, Georgina Bow! She lives in the state of Colorado and has been knitting for over 40 years. She has written several patterns including three stoles, and has more patterns in the works! To see examples of her designs, please see Georgina Bow Creations Patterns
or check her out in Ravelry - her Ravelry ID is GeorginaBow!
But wait, that's not all that's new! This year, due to popular request by our participants, we have a brand spanking new Mystery Stole 4 Store
! We've got mugs, totes, and more - oh, my! The best part is, all proceeds from this store will go to Genesis Women's Shelter
, the Official Charitable Cause for Mystery Stole
Before you all run off and sign up, there are a few things you might like to know first:
- The group opens today, August 1, 2008 for sign ups.
- The first clue will be posted on September 5, 2008 (you should have plenty of time to get your supplies together)
- There will be 6 clues total, posted once a week on Friday mornings, with the final clue going out on October 10, 2008.
- On September 12, 2008 at midnight Mountain Daylight Time, the group will close to new members.
- There is no charge to participate in MS4 and members will have the opportunity to purchase the traditional pattern format of the design at a discount for a limited time upon it's release. (Many people like to keep a copy of the pattern in their files or just like to purchase one as a "Thank You" to the designer, but you are under no obligation to purchase anything.)
So if you're ready to sign up for Mystery Stole 4, follow this link to our Yahoo Group and be sure to tell your friends! After September 12, the group will close to new members!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN BEFORE SEPTEMBER 12!