<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-2171712716072065360', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A Finished Sock, But Not Really

Vanilla sock

I finished my first Vanilla is the New Black sock.  This is an interesting construction and one of the reasons I wanted to try it is that I heard it fits well for those with high arches.  I have high arches and while I've never had trouble fitting a sock with a traditional heel flap, I figured I'd give it a try.  On US 1's (2.25mm) needles, I get about nine stitches to the inch and a 64 stitch sock usually works perfectly depending on the stitch pattern (cables and traveling stitches both decrease elasticity while most laces and ribbings make a sock more elastic).  Naturally, when I started this sock, I cast on for the 64 stitch size.  When I finished the sock and tried it on, I realized that there was a problem.  The lower leg/heel/upper foot area is too big.  Not just a little loose, but seriously floppy with extra sock fabric.  The leg and the foot themselves fit fine.  So, while it's an interesting construction and I'm glad I knit it, I decided to frog it.  This photo is the only evidence that I knit it.  I will be casting on a different sock pattern later today with a traditional heel flap.  I do think this design would be great for people who find their socks too tight in the heel/beginning instep area, and I'm sure there are some foot and leg shapes out there that would be perfect for this shaping.  It just doesn't work for me.

Pajamas of awesomeness

In other news, I got some sewing projects cut out yesterday: a skirt and two pairs of pajamas.  I actually cut out two pairs of shorts for each pajama set because I cut one from my self drafted pattern of my favorite store bought knit pajama shorts and then a second pair of the Brianna pajama shorts to try them out.  I love the full length Brianna pajamas and would like to make a pair, but checking the fit on shorts seems like a good idea before committing to a full length pair.  The photo above is one of the pajama top back pieces in possibly the most awesome fabric in the universe.  The skirt I cut out is the Emaline Skirt.  This is the first time I'm making it so I used some stash fabric to check the fit.  Now I've got to straighten my sewing room up enough that I can actually sew in it.  In the continuing effort to keep Newton safe, a lot of things kind of got dumped in there.  I need to do some organizing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home