<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, May 25, 2018

Around The Bend

Ink skyp socks 
...of the heel that is.  I'm knitting my way down the foot of Mickael's second sock.  The second one always goes so much faster than the first because I know exactly how many rounds I need to knit.  Some people work with measurements but my socks knitting revolves around the round counter.

These socks are also a great illustration of the variation of hand dyed yarns.  Both socks are being knit from the same skein of yarn (Madelinetosh Twist Light in Ink), but the end of the skein I started with on the first sock was dark.  It's gotten lighter as I worked my way through the skein.  The pattern is more visible on the second, lighter sock but that's the fun part of hand dyed yarns.  That's also why I alternate skeins on larger projects, even if I can't tell that there's any difference between skeins.

Have a great weekend!


Tuesday, May 22, 2018

One Down

Ink skyp socks 
 I've finished the first Skyp sock for Mickael and started the second one.  When I made him try it on to see where I should begin toe decreases, he commented that I should probably have his foot measurements written down somewhere.  I might.  I might not.  I have no idea and I have no idea where I would have written them if I did.  I should probably add notes to the project page in Ravelry.  Then I'll be able to find them later (maybe).


Monday, May 21, 2018

Knitting Adventures

When you're a knitter, you get to have all sorts of interesting conversations.

This morning Mickael was trying to tell me what he wanted from the grocery store and I replied, "Give me a minute, I'm trying to photograph my tentacles."

He ended up being confused and slightly terrified.  Knitting is fun.
I have three tentacles now!


Friday, May 18, 2018

A Sleeve Begins

Magical Pullover of Awesomeness 
I finally sat down and started the first sleeve on my Il Grande Favorito pullover.  Before I did that though, I knit the neckband (and wove in the ends).  I'm having to use Magic Loop for the sleeves because I don't have 9 inch circulars (my usual choice for sleeves) or double points in this size.  It's been a while since I've used Magic Loop so it's definitely taking a little getting used to again.  I've only worked five rounds of sleeve so far.  The big, squishy yarn and colors are still amusing me!

Have a great weekend!


Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Slowly But Surely

Jessica Jones cowl 
The cowl is bigger.  I keep knitting on it and it eventually gets a little bit bigger.  It is a very peaceful knit once I settle into the rhythm of it and I love projects like that.  I'm not really caring how long it takes (it's not like I'll need a cowl around here for at least six months), I'll just keep knitting!
Jessica Jones cowl
If I didn't mention it before, you can see that I didn't bother reskeining and washing the yarn after I frogged it.  With my arm situation, I don't need to be adding extra arm movements if I can avoid it.  I'll wash and block the finished cowl.


Tuesday, May 15, 2018


Simple skyp socks 
I've made it past the heel turn and the gusset of the first Simple Skyp sock for Mickael.  It feels good to be back on double points again.  I'm just more comfortable with them for socks than anything else I've tried.

In a few more inches, I'll have to get Mickael to try to them because I can't remember how many rounds to put the feet of his socks before I start the toe decreases.  I've got a little ways to go before I get to that point though!


Monday, May 14, 2018

Something Strange

Gripping Tentacle 
Over the weekend I made a tentacle.  Just one for now, but there will be more.

When I started making the Palpitations hearts earlier this year, I realized that most of my sock yarn leftovers were not exactly "heart" colors.  One thing I noticed is that I have lots of greens and blue greens in my leftovers bag.  Then I remembered the Gripping pattern.  It's a free pattern and let's face it, the look on your teenage boy's face when he asks you what you're knitting and you answer, "A Tentacle" is priceless.

This one is made following the directions exactly but when I stuffed it at the end, I put a magnet in the very bottom of it.  I don't know if I'll add magnets to all my tentacles or not, but some of them will definitely get magnets.  The directions give variations for longer or shorter or thinner or fatter tentacles.  I think a good variety of shapes and sizes is the way to go here.