<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-2171712716072065360', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

A New Sweater!

Some of you may remember a couple of years ago I attempted to knit the Sous Sous pullover.  According to project comments, there may (or may not) be errors in the pattern, and at the time I didn't have time to sort through everything that might or might not have been going on.  I ended up frogging what I had, which was most of the back, and worked on something else.  I've never been able to get the sweater out of my head though and I've decided to give it another try.

I sat down and re-read all the notes I'd made on the first attempt, and read through the project notes of those who had already knit the sweater.  The weird thing is, there are people who say there are issues with the pattern and make corrections, and people who say they knit it as directed and had no trouble at all.  Some of the latter are probably experienced knitters who are just automatically correcting things as they go because they see what the pattern should have said, but the biggest problem I see noted is that the number of repeats don't match up between the front and the back (the sweater is seamed so front and back are knit separately).  The pattern directions begin with the back and that's how I started last time, but this time around I decided to start with the front.  I'm also marking the first and last stitch of the first row of each repeat.  This will help me count repeats, but it will also help with seaming later.

Sous sous pullover

I'm knitting this in Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Fatal Attraction - a gorgeous, rich, slightly cool red.  I've just gotten to the place where the neckline splits the front, so I'll be working both halves at once as I continue.  There is shaping to the front that makes the raised hemline, but it also does the shoulder shaping, so that's why the piece is angled downwards on the sides.  I'm optimistic that I'll get this done this time, and I'm keeping copious notes, which I'll add to my project page, to either help out or confuse future knitters.  (Or so I can knit it again someday if I love it!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home