<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stash Enhancement

Several people gave me $ and gift certificates for fibery places for Christmas. Naturally, after I came out of my turkey induced stupor, I went shopping! I haven't used all of the gift certificates and there are still a couple of things I haven't gotten so my Christmas Stash Enhancement can't be fully documented yet, but here's what I have so far... This is Silver Sage Peruvian Collection Uros Aran yarn from Elann. I'm going to make the shawl pattern shown on the yarn page. Knitting a shawl out of Aran weight yarn sounds warm and cuddly to me - like an afghan I could wear! This is Atlantic Mist Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran, also from Elann. I'll be making the cropped lace cardigan they show with this yarn. I think this cardigan has potential for year round wear and I'll probably start it soon. Finally, I got something for the spinning wheel! This is GCNI (Gulf Coast Native Improved - its a kind of sheep) from Running Moon Farm. The color is Appleblossom and I have just over 9 ounces of it. It is so soft and wonderful, I wish we could all pass it around and you could feel it (but then it might felt and I wouldn't be able to spin it - so forget it, go get some of your own). They couldn't have chosen a better name for the color, it really is a perfect apple blossom pink color. I might make some really wonderful socks (or two) with this, or I might do something else. I can't decide. Right now I just keep looking at it and dreaming. I am still spinning on the 2 ounces of silk that I started back in December (you have to give those worms credit - they do spit some lightweight stuff!) so it will be a while before I get to anything else. I'm thinking about dedicating this weekend to spinning and seeing if I can get it all spun up. I'll reveal the results of my Olympic stash diving tomorrow...


Anonymous Kate said...

Beautiful pink fleece! How do you know how much to buy? Is there a formula to figure out that X amount of fleece will spin up into X ounces/yards? I would like to spin some fine yarn for a shawl but I never know how much to buy! Kate/Massachusetts

6:01 PM  
Blogger Aurora said...

My goodness! That fiber looks like something I ate at the Boardwalk last summer!

I think it will be such a dream to spin, you may find yourself in a faraway land. Spin on Melanie!

Hugs, Aurora

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home