<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 26, 2007

I've been doing some spinning...

Over the long weekend I got a LOT of spinning done. See the bobbins in the picture above? Those are the BFL in the Love in a Mist colorway from The Fiber Denn (Ebay and Etsy). Know what that means? Not only do I have these three done, but before I spun them, I finished the last bobbin and a half of Ice Blue Merino Top singles. So now I have finished spinning all the singles for this project! Yippeeee! I have 9 bobbins waiting to be plied into 3 plied yarn, but the newest singles need to age a bit so the twist isn't as active in order to work better with the older singles. In my typical (and I believe charming) obsessive compulsive style, I have organized the bobbins to be plied together. The first bobbin that I spun of the Love in a Mist will be plied with the second bobbin I spun of the Ice Blue Merino and the third bobbin I spun of Mojito Love. (I was just as obsessive about the other bobbins' combinations, I just can't remember them off the top of my head - I have it written down upstairs.) My theory is that since I mentally approached each new fiber as a new spinning project (although all were spun worsted to the same wraps per inch and at the same ratio), if my spinning changed any from bobbin to bobbin, by shuffling them around like this, the finished yarns will all balance out in the end. I think the finished yarn will probably be around sport to DK weight (6-5.5 stitches per inch) when it's knitted up. I also think that by using 3 different fibers in the same general color family might have helped to keep me from getting bored during the spinning. It also was a great way to use the smaller lots of fibers that I think all spinners seem to collect - I mean really, there's kind of a limit to how many socks, hats and scarves you really need (well, maybe not socks) and not all fibers will work for everything. I might try this little fiber/color mixing thing again if I like how this one works out.



Blogger Sherie said...

Wow, that's a lot of singles there lady! Should be really fun plying them and seeing how the finished yarn comes out.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Connie Peterson said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, as always. I need to do some more spinning for mittens ....I've given up on socks and am having daughter Joy do those!

10:35 AM  
Blogger cathy said...

Can't wait to see how it all looks when they're all plied together.we

12:29 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

They look absolutely lovely! Can't wait to see them all combined.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home