<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Berries A La Mode, All-A-Spun

As the title of today's post indicates, I probably shouldn't be allowed out of the house today, but I've finished spinning the singles of the Berries Merino! I will be letting them age for a week or so before plying, but it feels good to get them all spun. I feel like I started out pretty fast on this spinning project, but then I feel like I kind of lost interest. Over the last week or so I was able to get excited about finishing it up though, so I'll have finished yarn soon.

This will be a 3 ply yarn. Each skein will be approximately 8 ounces when it's finished (I know that because I started with a pound of roving), and I'm thinking of making a cardi from this - maybe a 3/4 sleeve, one button type of thing.

I'm going to be finishing up the pattern sock for, well, the sock pattern that I'll release Friday. I've started the toe decreases!



Anonymous Robby said...

Love the color of the singles. It is exactly what would magnetically draw me in a shop. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a pattern - I've recently noticed a few single button cardis and am starting to like that idea for a new project.

9:21 AM  
Blogger CraftyGryphon said...

Oooo, that's a wonderful berry color.... and did you say "pattern"? Yay!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Sharon T said...

Oh, very pretty for a spring cardi.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

It will be a beautiful cardi.

1:42 PM  
OpenID talullahsworld said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mel, as usual! I do love the color of those singles and I bet that they will turn into a gorgeous 3 ply!!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home