<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, March 03, 2008

Lace Cardi Body


I completed the body of the lace cardi this weekend. It was pretty fast to do - I just wasn't knitting on it every day. I haven't cast on the sleeves yet, I'll do them both at the same time, but once I do they should go pretty quickly too since they are 3/4 length. I'm thinking this cardi will be perfect for this time of year so I want to get it finished up so I can wear it. Oh, and if you're wondering what the little green markers are that are sticking out - they're there for button placement. Since you knit the front bands at the same time as the fronts, I just put one of those in the left front every row I made a buttonhole in the right front. Obviously, the whole thing will need blocking before seaming up, but I'll do the sleeves and the body all at once.



Anonymous Bianca said...

Hello Melanie,

it looks really beautiful, I'm curious, how the finished peace will look like.

Since a few projects I do it in the same way as you: I knit both sleeves on one circular needle at the same time. This is really much more fun!

Kind regards and have a nice ... day ;-)
from Northern Germany

11:58 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Very cute. I like the lacy bottom! Have fun with those sleeves!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your cardi. I love your colors and I love the pattern. I am not well, so I cannot make a
large project, but I do so appreciate other people's work. I
think I asked you this before; if
we leave our e-mail address, does
it have to be in the comment box.
Then anyone else can e-mail also.
Thank you for your time. I hope
you can answer my question on your
blog. I read it all the time.

7:10 PM  
Blogger baby face said...

I am usually "babyface" on your
blog. I just pushed the wrong

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Love the cardi, the lace, the color. Can't wait to see it with the buttons!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Oh very pretty indeed. I love that lace beginning. I've been trying to find something similar to do for a tank top for my daughter.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

Your lace cardi looks great! It sure is knitting up quickly.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
The Cardi is soooo pretty. I want one. I love those deep armholes.

Is this a pattern you will be selling??? Or is the pattern already out there somewhere???

How can I get on a list for your next mystery shawl project???

I am SassySean on Ravelry. I'll check here and there (Ravelry) for your answer.


12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,

I found the sweater on an eariler blog entry. Thanks

I still want to be on the list for your next Mystery shawl


3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home