<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Fluffy Pink Squid of Doom is Eating Ramius!

OK, that's not actually happening at all. Ramius is fine. This is an "action shot" of my lap while I was working on the Cherry Blossom shawl and Ramius was sitting in my lap, under the shawl. Didn't mean to frighten you.

Know what I did this weekend? I finished the round and round knitting of the shawl! Now I just have to do the edging (all the way around) and I'm done! I'm a little more than halfway into my third ball of Shibui Knits Silk Cloud and knowing how edgings can eat yarn like it's going out of style, I think the four balls that were called for in the pattern will be just right. I know I'll have some left over, but I'm pretty sure I will have to use part of that fourth ball. (Just to clarify, the pattern calls for 4 balls of Silk Cloud. If you're using KSH, you'll need 5 balls of that as it's slightly heavier weight and has a bit less yardage per ball as the Silk Cloud.)

Labels: ,


OpenID meezermeowmy said...

You may knit, Mommy, but just don't tickle de ears!

I've never thought of pink as a meezer color, but he looks lovely! (Don't tell him I said so.)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Cute photo. The knitting looks as ethereal as cotton candy.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous alison h said...

This is precisely how I knit, Melanie!!

My sweet kittie sacks out on my knees, thereby permitting yards of knitted lace to drape around and adorn her.

Hugs to you both,

12:40 AM  
Blogger Merry Karma said...

Congrats on being almost done. Yay!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Connie Peterson said...

Whew!!! He's NOT being eaten alive.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home