The first sleeve has zipped right along and I was able to finish it last night. I was debating between a ribbed edge or the seed stitch like I put along the lower edge and will use for the neck band. The color of the yarn is so dark that the seed stitch doesn't really show unless you're right next to it, so I think ribbing would have worked without being weird, but I decided to use seed stitch for all the edges. I'm still thinking I'd like to try short circulars on the sleeves, but since I don't own any, I'm just working with the double points. At some point, I'll have to get a short circular and play with it.
I've tried the sweater on several times to double check lengths and fit and I really like the way it fits at this point. I think it's going to be something that I wear a lot and I can definitely see myself making it again.