Hawthorne and got it blocked. I wasn't sure how easy blocking would be with the shaping of this shawlette/scarf, but it was very easy. Mine blocked to exactly the measurements on the schematic in the pattern, so while I never actually checked gauge, I must have been right on. One measurement the pattern doesn't give you is the inside curve length - the part you'd wear against your neck. Mine is 75 inches around that inside curve, so definitely big enough to wrap around my neck in a nice, snuggly way. The picture above shows it blocking, along with some socks that were drying next to it. Sweet, little, innocent Logan is apparently quite a sock bandit and he doesn't really care if they're clean or dirty, he just loves socks. I decided to dry the socks in the sewing room which is gated off from the little sock fiend.
Here's a shot of it on the hardwood floor after blocking was all finished. I knit it exactly as the pattern is written and it wasn't difficult at all. There's a lot going on though so I'd suggest using markers at least when you're first getting started so you don't have a major tinking to do. I used markers between repeats and also marked the center stitch of each repeat and didn't have a bit of trouble staying on track in the pattern. I used KnitPicks Andean Silk in Cream and I used in the ball park of 500 yards (I used part of the 6th skein but not much - each skein of yarn is 96 yards). The pattern actually calls for 800 yards, but that's because the designer used a yarn that's put up in 400 yard skeins and she needed two of them. Somewhere on the Internets I found a note that she actually used around 500 yards, so this project was perfect for stash busting a little bit of leftover yarn. Also I think I'll be wearing this soon since it's so cold here right now!
Knit Something of the Month Club's January project is all finished!
Labels: Knit Something of the Month Club