Olympic Stash Diving Results Are Back
Over the weekend we had high winds (the neighbors lost some shingles from their roof), rain, and generally cold and gloopy weather. What did I do? I dyed some sock yarn. On the left is a pale greenish blue and on the right is a pink. (You probably figured this out all by yourself since I put a picture of them above, but if the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet, there you go!) As usual, these were both dyed with Wilton's food colorings. I dissolved the dye paste completely with some water before adding it to the yarn and vinegar water mix so that I would get a more even color on the skein and it worked well both times. There are a few darker and lighter places in the pink skein, but overall the color is pretty even. Apparently I'm not the only knitter who is planning on doing a lot of socks this year. The Purling P's have started a knitalong 200Sox! If I can remember how to get the button on my blog, I'll get it up there
I also completed the Preliminary Round of the Olympic Knitting Stash Diving exercises. In my stash, I have yarn for 7 sweaters and 9 pairs of socks. There are also singles waiting patiently to be plyed on the wheel for another pair of socks. I didn't count how many shawls are in the stash since shawls are pretty chart dependent - I don't think a shawl will make the cut, so they weren't allowed to try out for the team - yeah, they're petitioning the committee, but seeing as its made of me with some input from Ramius when he wakes up, its not looking like that ruling will be overturned. The stash yarn is now in training for the Qualifying round, where I decide what will be knitted with what pattern and if that pattern makes the cut for Olympic Knitting.