<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, April 10, 2006

What I did this weekend...

Remember how I was going to spend the weekend knitting socks and working on the sock bags? Well, there was a slight change of plans. I did work on the sock bags a little bit, but what I mostly did was spin. At the top you can see the mohair that I did my first combing with. I gave it a really good washing and got all kinds of yucky goat stuff out of it. Now its shiny and pretty. In the middle is a pair of sock's worth of yarn from the Manhattan Roving from Linden Lane Farm. I left 1/3 of the original 8 ounces unspun because I'll spin and ply that with a solid color for another pair of socks (and probably get a third pair of socks from those leftovers and the leftovers of the yarn you see here - yeah, that made sense). At the bottom of the picture is another 450+ yd skein of the blue and green from Spinner's Hill that I got from MDS$W last year. This skein is 4 ounces and is within just a couple of yards of being the same length as my first skein of this wool. Hopefully, that means that I'm spinning pretty consistently. I just love the way this yarn knits up and while I still haven't decided what kind of sweater it wants to be, I will definitely be hitting the Spinner's Hill booth at Maryland again this year. Maybe today I'll work on the sock bags.


Anonymous Kelly said...

Nice spinning! The Mohair came out just beautiful.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Very nice. I love the blue.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home