<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Of Waffles and Voyages

I have finished my twelfth pair of socks for 2006! Yes folks, the waffles are done. The details for those that care: handspun yarn (roving from Kid Hollow Farm in the Loganberry colorway), knit on size 1.5 US needles (2.5 mm? I think), using the stitch pattern from the Blueberry Waffle socks. I loved this stitch pattern and the way it works up. The socks are squishy and should be nice and warm. I still have a decent amount of yarn left over and I should have enough for a third pair if I add another color for heels and toes as my mom suggested (actually she suggested that I give the yarn to her, but I suggested that she get her own roving and spin herself some socks).

Yesterday was a big day for the Post Office and they don't even know it. I sent my Sockapaloooza socks off on their long journey...to Maryland. Yes, that's right, my Sockapaloooza pal is in Maryland. I will reveal her identity when I know she has the socks (which should be today). I hope she likes everything - I have my knitting needles crossed that she will!


Blogger CareBear said...

Of course she'll love them; everything you make is beautiful! :-)

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if 12 pairs of socks in basically 4 months is a world record of some kind? You should probably be in the Smithsonian. :) Mindy

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie, your sockpalOOOza package is on the way !
Your secret sockpal

3:27 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Hi Melanie!

I absolutely love everything in my sockapaloooza package! The socks are beautiful, the bag is simply amazing, and all the goodies inside are delightful. Thank you so much for making this such a wonderful sockapaloooza. :)


6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home