More Blue Singles
This is spun from batts that I blended of Romney and Merino (50/50) and then I added some Opal Angelina (sparkly stuff for you non spinners). The fiber was dyed before blending with Landscapes Dyes. My Mom and I were working on these together (she has 6+ ounces of this fiber too, only her's doesn't have Angelina in it) and we wanted a blue that hinted at being blue violet. We started with Marine, the pure blue color that Landscapes makes. It's a nice clear royal if you use it full strength. Then we added just a tiny bit of Grevillia, the cool red color. (Cool reds are also called magenta by some dye companies). By only adding this tiny bit of cool red, we were able to tip the pure blue just barely towards the violet section of the color wheel and as you can see, we got a nice, rich ultramarine color.
So now I just have to finish up this bobbin, which I hope to get done today, and spin a third bobbin and then ply them together. I will use this yarn for socks- the Romney adds strength and the Merino adds softness.