I have been doing some spinning around here. A while back, I had started spinning some Polworth roving on my Rose. I had decided to spin a semi woolen singles to make a 3 ply yarn, aiming for a DK or worsted weight finished size. I spun and I spun and I spun. I spun some more. I kept spinning. For those of you who have spun both woolen types of yarn and worsted types of yarn, you know that woolen spinning is faster. The singles are also fluffier and more airy. But still I kept spinning. The bobbin wouldn't get full. I think I've finally figured it out - somehow I've got my Scotch tension set up so that it pulls on with just enough pressure to wind a firm bobbin, and not so much that it breaks the singles. This bobbin is not squishy at all. There are probably 374, 892 yards of singles on this bobbin, which would explain why I keep spinning and spinning and spinning and the bobbin still isn't full. I decided yesterday that whatever the bobbin had by bedtime was going to be it. Since it will be a 3 ply, there's no way I can fit 3 bobbins of singles onto my plying bobbin. Also I'm dying to ply the ultramarine singles from the batts I dyed, blended, and carded and spun on my Symphony. It feels like years ago that I finished that and I'd love to see the finished yarn, but I need the Rose so I can use the plying bobbin. So here you see what I got done by bedtime last night. Still not a full bobbin, but I'm calling it quits on this one.