Celtic Vest - All Finished!
Last Saturday I got an envelope of yarn from a very nice knitter in New York. I've never met her but I know she's nice because she sent me the yarn I needed to finish my Celtic Vest. She didn't mock me for getting myself into this by changing the pattern and not assuming I would need more yarn, she just sent the yarn. Hooray for nice knitters!
I sat down and knit the last two rows on the vest, bound it off, blocked it and sewed up the shoulder seams. IT'S DONE! I love the way it looks and I might just live in it this Fall.
All the details:
Fleece Artist Celtic Vest Kit from Colorsong Yarns in the Mermaid colorway.
I added 10 extra stitches to the cast on, which gave me a finished length of 23 inches from shoulder to hem, but I had to go begging for yarn to finish it up. If I do this again, I'll only add 8 stitches to the cast on.
I used my Knit Picks (the nickel plated ones - I get looser gauge in those than the wood ones)interchangeable needles in the 6.5mm size. The pattern calls for a 7.0mm needle which I don't have. This worked out well for me.
Oh, and I know it doesn't really show up very well in the picture, but the pin I put on the vest is from R.E. Piland, it's the Dragon II Penannular.