I came to that place late last week on Mickael's Franket. I was working on the last block section, which is actually two colors done using intarsia colorwork. I've never done the intarsia technique before and my inexperience combined with the weight of the blanket were not looking good. After taking a good look at what I had, I made the decision to frog the partial last block and just add a crochet border to the whole thing. I had decided on crochet since it's less elastic than knitting and of course I used the double crochet stitch (US), since that's the only stitch in crochet I know!
I used at least 2600 yards on this project and the (gently) blocked measurements are 70 inches by 74 inches - it's not a skimpy blanket! It's still drying after I washed it and gently blocked it and I'll let it sit until it's completely dry. I'm glad to have it finished and I know Mickael will be thrilled to have it before Summer comes to Texas!