Last night I was happily knitting along on Cassidy's hood and I realized that I hadn't really measured any of the pieces of Cassidy. I blocked everything, but I didn't measure it. I didn't check things against schematics, I didn't recheck stitch gauge or row gauge once I got going. I just went. I had just knitted and knitted and knitted and here I was on the last big section before finishing and I realized I hadn't done any double checking. Hmmm...
I went and checked the sleeves - too wide and way too long. I checked the body of Cassidy - the back is fine, the fronts are way too long. I knit the fronts to the same row numbers as the back, which tells me that somewhere between the back and the fronts, my gauge went wrong. It seems to be primarily a row gauge issue, but there's no real way to fix it properly. I could frog the sleeves and fronts and leave the back, but I don't think I have it in me right now to reknit another Cassidy so I think I'll be frogging the whole thing. At some point I'll knit Cassidy in something else, but this yarn will be frogged and used for something else. I'm not particularly thrilled about frogging Cassidy, but I'm honestly not heartbroken. Maybe Cassidy wasn't meant to be in this yarn. I don't know.