<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Keep on Sewing, Keep on Sewing

DSC05213
Slowly but surely, I'm getting there! Do you see the section of Babette that's at the top right of the picture? That section (I'm calling it about 1/4 of the Babette) is all sewn together. It's not really taking too long, but I can't work on it for very long either since it's in the sewing room and a certain puppy is behind the child gate, outside of the sewing room (and carrying on like he's being beaten with a wet noodle).

One thing that I'm very happy with is how the different sized squares are going together so well. Since this project was made using lots of different brands of fingering weight superwash yarns, there are some squares that are bigger than others because some yarns are bigger than others (I'm talking about about squares that were made to be the same size, not comparing tiny squares to larger squares according to the pattern here). I was a little concerned about this and when I found two "same size" squares that were clearly different sizes, I made sure I didn't put them together as I was laying it out, but I thought I might run into trouble sewing the whole thing up. So far, everything is lining up nicely and while I'll block the finished blanket to really get it all smooth and flat, it's laying pretty nicely now in it's freshly sewn, unblocked state. Now I have to sew up the next section!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I was worried about the different sized squares, too. Glad to hear yours is cooperating!

4:55 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Love it! Babette looks awesome!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Marge Colletta said...

This is amazing, thinking of you sewing.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home