<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4292445769315597913', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

A New Project For The New Year

Remember this past Fall when I knit Kleio and I made the comment that I'd like to keep up with Romi's shawls as she releases them in this second eBook?  Well, there was a second design released months ago and I'm just now starting it.  The second muse is Melpomene and I had originally planned to use my overdyed Pashmina, but for some reason it didn't feel right once I saw the whole pattern.  I've been following the chatter on the Ravelry thread for Melpomene (Romi has a group on Ravelry that has ongoing KAL's for her designs, I probably need to look into doing something like this for my own designs, don't I?), and recently someone made the comment that Melpomene really felt more like a scarf than a shawl.  That's when I realized that I wanted to use a heavier yarn and just go with the more scarf-like feeling of the design (there's no lace, it's all texture).  Fortunately, my stash had just the yarn for it.  I'm using the now discontinued Peruvian Collection Uros Aran from Elann (50/50 wool and llama) in color 4143 which is a dusty, pale aqua.  I'm also using bigger needles - US 7's (4.5 mm) on the heavier yarn.  I think it's working out pretty well, but it will need a good blocking when it's all done.

Hopefully, if I knit this quickly enough, I can be ready to start the third design when it comes out and be on track again!

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home