My Mermaid Has A Head...And A Name!
I've learned to wait until certain furry people are asleep before working on the mermaid. It's just better for everyone, including the mermaid.
Anyway, I have made her body and her head and she has eyes! The pattern calls for 6mm eyes, which I have, but I had 9mm eyes in periwinkle blue (I'll get a better picture next time she gets blogged, when I can get one in daylight) from this Etsy seller, and they're so pretty, I knew they'd be perfect for my mermaid, so I'm using slightly bigger eyes. She obviously still needs arms and hair and flippers at the end of her tail*, but she's looking more mermaid-y!
Finally, I figured out her name, so I don't have to call her "the mermaid" anymore. I've decided that she's Lorelai (Laura-lie), named after the German Siren.
OK, on proofreading today's post, I realize that it's kind of one big run on sentence, but I've decided to leave it that way, because that's the way my brain is working today. Some days are like this!
*I was going to make the flippers and attach them before I started the body, but I realized that a lot of the time, as I was working on her body, I had her balanced on her tail in my lap. If I had jumped ahead and added her flippers, they might be squished by the time I finish the rest of her. There's probably a reason the directions are in the order they're in!