Spin, Span, Spun!
I finished the spinning project!
This was spun from four braids of Malabrigo Cloud (100% Superwash wool) in Aniversario, with a total of 433g of fiber.
I spun it on my Schacht Flatiron at 15:1 with 40 wpi for the singles. This size singles usually gives me a fingering weight when I make a three ply yarn. This stuff floofed!
After plying and washing, I have 1,101 yards of DK weight, three ply, and a little mini skein of 46 yards of chain plied yarn (also DK). I was going for the barber pole stripes on this and worked out beautifully. There is almost always a pink/fuchsia/plum/burgundy ply in the yarn, so the overall look of the yarn is in the red violet range of the color wheel. When you look closely you can see all the other colors in the yarn as well.
I'm really happy with my finished yarn, even if it didn't come out the weight I was expecting (no, I did not sample, why do you ask?). I can't get over how floofy and soft it is. I'm really wanting to cast on a sweater immediately, but since I technically have two on the needles right now, I shouldn't. I'm trying to finish a few things up before I start a new project...
Labels: spinning













0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home