Dying and Plying...Part II
Here is the 3-ply yarn, all finished! This weekend, I finished my spindle spun sock yarn! (See "This is a pair of socks" entry) I dyed the singles with Wilton's food coloring paste and spun them into a 3 ply yarn. It came out worsted weight, which is a little heavier than I was going for, but I had never spun yarn for a 3 ply before. I'm very excited about the colors that I got and I think they'll make beautiful socks! If you're interested, I used the Teal, Royal Blue, and Violet colors to dye the singles. The Teal and the Royal Blue came out pretty close in color, and you can't tell much of a difference in the pictures, but in real life, I can see the difference. I now have sock yarn for 2 pairs of socks, ready to knit. I do most of my sock knitting during the summer since they are small and it gives me a break from knitting cotton types of yarns.