Mystery Shawl, Step 2
Here is Step 2 completed on the Mystery Shawl. It looks like baskets to me (upside down in the picture). I'm really enjoying knitting this and I love the way the yarn is working out. I'm using Continental Blue from Handpaintedyarn and its one of their more solid colors. It doesn't show up in the picture well, but there are lighter and darker places in the yarn which makes the piece interesting but aren't so busy that they distract from the lace pattern. I can't tell you how amusing it is to me to be knitting along and have the color darken or lighten. Anyone else out there this easily amused?
I was tagged by Micky for an idiosyncrasies Meme so here goes. 5 weird things about me:
1. I don't like other people looking at my food. This is why I don't like buffets.
2. If anyone else has read the paper, I can't read it. Its all out of order and just messed up. Even if they put it back together, it never really works.
3. When Mickael is out of town and I lock up the house for the night, I always touch each of the locks. Even though I can see that they are locked, I touch them. I guess that way I can't be lying in bed later wondering if something wasn't locked but it looked locked.
4. I always walk on Mickael's left side, but put Caleb on my left side. Crazy huh?
5. I talk to myself when I drive. This makes Mickael nuts, but it helps me for some reason. Also, I concentrate better when I drive with the radio on. If I'm in heavy traffic or a bad storm without the radio on, I can't really pay attention to what I'm doing. Once I turn the radio on, I can sing along and pay attention to the road. This is probably why Caleb thinks the radio has to be on for the car to run. If he can't hear it, he'll let you know that there should be music on.
OK, so there you go. I'm nuts, I know, and now you know too. Have a great weekend.