<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Still Plodding Along

I'm more than halfway down the foot on my Sockapalooza Pal's sock. I'm past the gusset and I have about 2-3/8 inches left to go before I start the toe decreases, that is if I'm remembering her shoe size. I've got to double check that before I get much more done on these. It would be nice if they actually fit my pal!

Tuesday there were a lot of questions about the sock pattern. I'm using the stitch pattern from the Vog On socks from Knitty, came up with my own rib pattern for the cuff (I've included it below, it's pretty basic and I wouldn't be surprised to find variations of it in every stitch dictionary out there), and slapped the whole thing into my basic sock pattern recipe. I thought about designing a special sock pattern just for my pal, but with MS3 taking over 90% of my brain, the other 10% just couldn't come up with a sock pattern. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the yarn is Merino/Tencel from The Woolen Rabbit in her Peacock colorway.

The Eyelet Rib Stitch Pattern: Repeat of 7 stitches wide.

Round 1: *K1, P1, K3, P1, K1, rep from * to end of rnd.
Round 2: *K1, P1, YO, Sl 1, K2tog, Pass Slipped Stitch Over, YO, P1, K1, rep from *

Please note that on Round 2, the YO just after the Purl stitch should be wrapped the opposite way to a usual YO. Then, on the following row, knit that stitch through the back loop to UNTWIST it. If you don't the first YO will be much smaller than the second YO.

MS3 UPDATE: For those of you who were part of the group and got bumped off due to a Yahoo glitch when you tried to change your email address, please leave me a comment with the email address that you were originally signed up with. Once I verify that you were a member at one time, I will email you on the old email address to get the email address you want to use now and send you an invite on the new email address. I apologize for making you jump through hoops like this, but I have had to turn away people who missed the sign up deadline, and this is the only way I know to keep things fair. Again, leave me a comment with your email address in it and I can get back to you.



Blogger Kary said...

Terrific sock, Melanie .... love both the pattern & the colorway!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

After your email explanation, I can see why MS3 is taking up 90% of your brain. It would take up all of mine. Gad, Girl. What a lot of work for something you gave us for free! Talented AND generous, you are.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That sock looks awesome! The yarn and pattern go nicely together.

We do appreciate the fact that 90% of your brain is being used just to keep us happy, by the way. Though hopefully for your sake you have scheduled a massage or something else to keep you sane.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I love this sock pattern with the variegated yarn. My sock knitting has been put on hold due to MS3, but I won't hold that against you LOL.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, thanks for posting the specs of your sock. I, too, was wondering what pattern you used. I've seen the Vog On socks on Knitty, but didn't think that much of them (because of the short cuff; couldn't really grasp the beauty of the pattern.) I just LOVE what you've done with it.

Thanks for posting the yarn location, too. I'm definitely bookmarking that place, because I like her yarn colors. Do you like how it knits up in the socks?


10:28 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I didn't care much for the 'Vog On pattern as anklets, but after seeing your full-size version I might make these after all.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home