<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, February 13, 2008


This is a small spinning project that will probably be spun and done before we all know it. This is the Merino/Angora/Silk top that I had started spinning on my beautiful Pink Lemon Bossie Spindle (Pink Ivory whorl and Pau Amarillo shaft), but I'm so out of practice with a spindle and this is so slippery, I decided to put it on the wheel instead. I've only got 4 ounces of it, but of course angora and silk will make it go farther than it would if it were just the Merino. I don't have any definite plans for this but I'll spin it as a 3 ply. I might make some mitts out of it, or maybe a soft, fluffy scarf - who knows?

I realized after yesterday's post that I hadn't explained why I knit two pairs of the Scarborough Fair socks, and sure enough, someone asked in the comments. The pattern was originally released for the December design for the Yarn 4 Socks Sock Club. They had a custom dyed sock yarn done by Madelinetosh (really lovely sock yarns if you haven't tried them yet), so I worked it up in the club yarn for that version of the pattern for the first pair. Since that yarn was exclusive to the sock club, I wanted to show the design in a yarn that anyone could get for the public (non sock club) version of the pattern, so I knitted it again in Louet fingering weight in the Soft Coral color. You only need one sock to get pictures of it for a pattern, so now I'm knitting the second sock in the Soft Coral, which will complete the second pair/fourth sock in that design. The first sock was completed back in October, but I didn't start the final three socks until right around Christmas or so. Does that answer your question? Are you sorry you asked?



Blogger Connie Peterson said...

If you have any need for a home for some of those lovely socks, think of me! Daughter Joy has supplied me with SOME (are you listening, Joy?) but I can always use more!!! I love that pattern you are working on!

The yarn is going to be awesome!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Those socks are beautiful. I do get the need for a plain jane sock though. I am on my third pair of monkey socks in as many months (all gifts) and feel a need to retire the pattern.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Really need to learn how to do a 3-ply yarn

9:25 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Melanie, I just got a spindle and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Going to take some practice I think, beautiful yarn.
rudee, I love the monkey sock pattern but I also love Melanie's twist pattern for socks, have you tried it?...ciao

9:39 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

That looks great. Love the combination of fibers mixed in there.
Please check out what I have been trying to card and spin.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Hey rositta, I haven't tried the twist pattern but think I will. Thanks for the reminder! I need to learn to spin too. Melanie, your work is gorgeous and I need to try something new like this.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home