Sunshine and a girly girl day
Ramius would say hello, but he's busy holding down the rug. He quickly figured out that with the leaded glass on the front door, he could just follow the sunbeam across the rug all day. Once he had that part figured out, he pretty much had his day planned - all day, every day. Occasionally Finn moves him out of the sunbeam and takes it over himself (Finn is the only dog I've ever known to sunbathe like a cat), but Ramius gets it back before too long.
Yesterday was a good day for my inner girly girl. I am just about out of perfume and I wanted to change scents, so I went online to try to narrow things down. One thing that caused some complications was the temperature change from Virginia to Dallas - something strong and heavy that would work just fine in Virginia in the Fall and Winter would kill people in Dallas during the same time of year, just because it's so much warmer. This meant I had to rethink scents a bit. Did you know there are perfume blogs? (I'm sure the people who read them regularly would be just as shocked that there are knitting blogs.) So I read perfume reviews here, and read about perfumes here and then I found The Perfumed Court which seems to be a collaboration of several perfume lovers who decant fragrances into various sizes of containers so you can (A) try them out in the privacy of your own home several times before purchasing without having to deal with Sales Associates who might or might not be helpful in providing samples and (B) get tiny amounts of super exclusive perfumes you wouldn't otherwise be able to find, smell, or afford. So I picked out a few things to sniff, ordered tiny vials and yesterday, they showed up in the mail! What did I get?
- Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely - I've already owned, worn and loved this but I wanted to have a sample to compare to some new things. (Apparently Philosophy's Inner Grace is very similar to this - also owned, worn and loved - but it's softer and stays closer to your body when you wear it.)
- Narciso Rodriguez For Her - This is supposedly also similar to Lovely, and I believe that some of the same people worked on both fragrances. I wanted to see which one I liked better.
- Bulgari Au The Blanc - Never smelled it, sounded interesting. I'm wearing it now and Finn gave it lots of wags and an attempted kiss - of course we won't discuss some of the other smells Finn likes. I also like it though, but will have to see what the menfolk think.
- Bulgari Au The Vert - This one also sounded interesting so I thought I'd give it a spin.
- Chanel Bois des Iles - This was recommended to sniff just for the sake of sniffing. Only available at Chanel Boutiques, and I'm not sure if it's available in the Chanel Boutiques in the USA, but The Perfumed Court decants and sells small bottles, so if I fall in love with it, I can still own it. (There is a Chanel Boutique here in Dallas, so if it's available in the States, it would be attainable - assuming I have the guts to walk into a Chanel Boutique. Mindy - if I go, I'm totally dragging you with me for emotional support.)
- Michael Kors Island - I smelled this in a magazine perfume sample once and for some reason I remembered it. No clue why I remembered it. For all I know it smells like seagulls, but since it rang a bell, I got a sample.
So for the next few days I will be trying on various scents and making Mickael and Caleb sniff me (we are SO classy around here) and trying to narrow down a new scent. I'll let you know which one(s) I choose, since I've already started babbling about it on the blog.