Before I ordered the new set of needles, I decided to give it one more try to get my lost needle out of the car. Mickael said he would help, so we both sat in the garage with a flashlight and tried to find it. Neither of us could see it. At this point, I could tell Mickael thought I was crazy and the needle wasn't even where I thought it was. Then genius struck - he asked if I'd tried using the Dyson. Two minutes later, Dyson dragged out to the garage and crevice tool attached, I fired it up. The needle zooped out of it's hiding place and is now stuck firmly in the sock knitting bag. My husband is a genius!
As you can see, I wasted no time once I had the needle back and I've done the heel flap, heel turn and started on the foot of the sock. I'm almost through with the gusset decreases at this point. Yesterday when I went to school to pick up Caleb, I made sure I didn't lose any needles.