<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07510582443\46blogName\75Pink+Lemon+Twist\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75//pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-8549191215890676177', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


I finished my Crocheted Star Flowers Scarf and got it blocked! I ended up using 3 1/2 balls of the yarn which was JoJoland Melody Superwash in color MS 26. I used a 2.75 mm hook (Size C) and the star motif is Motif #49 from Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs. I joined the stars at the points as I went (I explained this in a previous blog post with pictures and everything), and I made a total of 57 little stars. The finished size, after blocking is 73 inches long by 10 1/2 inches wide. When I blocked it I actually blocked it upside down because the stars were trying to "cup" towards the front. This seems to have worked pretty well because finished scarf lies completely flat.

This was a fun first crochet project for me and I don't think the idea of an entire throw is beyond my attention span. It's entirely possible that the color changes of the yarn kept me amused also.



OpenID meezermeowmy said...

Thanks for the blocking tip. I'm (sometimes) working on a similar scarf. However, I'm trying to make mine with only two skeins of yarn, so only two stars wide.

Yours came out beau-ti-ful!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very cool and Finn looks smashing in it! Mindy

10:24 AM  
Blogger Bgstoner said...

Looks great. :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

I love it so much. You may have convinced me I should figure out crochet.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Kay said...

My compliments to the model...he is such a good model and handsome also!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Robby said...

That really turned out beautiful. I keep feeling tempted by this project, but have enough things OTN, that getting a crochet hook out should make me feel guilty.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous P√§ivikki said...

How lovely! I love the colours.

And the doggie is so cute=)

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home