Apparently, frogging a sweater is a great activity for a Monday night. I sat down and just started frogging. The only ends I had actually woven in on the thing were in the sleeves - everything else was just dangling. When I started, I took a look at the back versus the fronts and sleeves and I could SEE the gauge difference. If I'd only double checked (they say you should double check your gauge several times throughout the entire knitting process) or compared pieces. Hopefully I will learn something from this (and if you're the type of knitter that can learn from other people's mistakes, feel free to take away your own little lesson here). I might have to wash the yarn before I reuse it, but for now it can have a little time out and we'll see how it looks when it's time to use it again.
I guess the most shocking thing for me through this whole experience is that I'm really not upset about having to frog. I'm not too thrilled about the wasted time, but hey, I was knitting all that time. I do like the design for Cassidy and I'd like to do it again someday, but not right now. I don't know, maybe I'm in shock, but I really feel OK about having to frog all that - hey, more yarn!