I've finished my first mitt of the December project (except the thumb) and cast on for the second. The stitch pattern is essentially based on a rib which is why the first mitt looks so skinny - it's pulling in. When it's on my arm it stretches side to side and isn't as long as it appears here. This is one of the reasons I love trying things on as I go. I can double check the fit and figure out if I need to adjust anything in the pattern to fit my particular body shape. The only change I've made to this pattern is to work one additional repeat of the stitch pattern before beginning the thumb gusset.
In other news, I thought I'd give a Logan In The Car update. He's doing really well and while there are still Squeaks of Great Distress, the drool is almost completely stopped. I don't even bother with a towel anymore! As for the squeaks, Logan has always squeaked as a form of communication and probably will always squeak. It's just his thing. We're pretty used to it at this point.
Labels: 2012 Knit Something of the Month, Gloves/Mitts, Logan