<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 01, 2013


I started my new sweater yesterday.  There was a little time yesterday afternoon and I got it all cast on, then I started knitting last night while I watched TV.  I've just got a tiny bit done, but I think this cardigan will knit up quickly.

There was a question in the comments about pictures of the sewing machine.  I'm still cleaning the head.  I've gotten everything cleaned that I could take off, and cleaned as much of the inside as I can get to.  I'm now cleaning the outside, which has to happen very carefully and very slowly because I don't want to damage the decals any more than they already are.  That makes it fun to get the layer of nicotine and old sewing machine oil off of it.  I am getting there, it's just slow going, and every time I think I'm just about done, I find more to clean.  I realize this could get a bit obsessive compulsive, but I do need to get it clean enough to sew light colored fabrics, and it's just not there yet.  I am still hoping to show it to you Friday, but I might not have it sewing yet.  My original goal was to get it all cleaned and put back together and adjusted and sewing by Friday morning's blog post.  That isn't going to happen.  I have actually uncovered some decals that I didn't even know were there, so that gives you an idea of the amount of crud covering her!

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home