Yes, it’s all finished! Friday evening I completed the final round on the border and after weaving in the ends and lightly blocking the border to keep it from rolling, The Babette is finished!
I found a very simple picot edge using single crochet and chain stitches to finish the border. It just wasn’t looking finished with the double crochet borders. I’m really happy with the way it looks, because it definitely looks finished, but it doesn’t distract from the middle of the blanket.
I learned something about myself in making this blanket: join as you go! I’ll try to keep that in mind on future projects.
Here’s a shot of the entire thing (please pardon the legs of the table I stood on to get the picture). The borders added about 2 inches to each side, so the finished size is about 37 inches wide x 45 inches long. It should work nicely for a lap blanket with Max. I’m thrilled to have it all done! Here’s a link to the Rav project page
if you’re interested.
Labels: Blanket, crochet