<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, May 01, 2015

Loopy Academy, Freshman Year, Semester Two, Slipped Stitches

I have started my third project for this semester of Loopy Academy:  Slipped Stitches.  This past winter I realized that I didn’t have any gray fingerless mitts, so when I saw that slipped stitches were one of the assignments for Loopy Academy this semester, I knew I wanted to make my Endless Love mitts in gray!  I’m using The Loopy Ewe Solids Series in Charcoal, which is a dark, almost black kind of gray.

There is a requirement to use at least 175 yards per project in Loopy Academy, so I needed to double check the yardage.  Fortunately, I’ve knit these mitts twice before, so I just weighed one of the other pairs and figured out how many yards were used.  I figured out that to get to the yardage requirement, I would need to add 24 rounds to each mitt.  These were going to need to be longer in the cuff than the originals!  Fortunately, the main hand repeat is 16 rounds, so I just added two more of these.  I also cast on with larger needles and gradually decreased to my US 1’s (2.25mm) to make the longer cuffs fit my arms comfortably.

At this point, I’m almost finished with the first mitt, they do fit nicely, and as soon as I get this first one finished, I’ll weigh it and double check my yardage calculations.  Fingers crossed!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home