This little cardigan has been a great project to work on while I've been sick. There's nothing like stockinette for simplicity! I've finished the body of the cardi and I tried something new with the ribbing.
On the lower edge, I did a K3, P1 rib because I wanted enough ribbing to keep the edge from curling (once it's blocked), but not so much that it drew in. For the front/neck band I did the same K3, P1 rib for the fronts, but I switched to K2, P2 for the back neck area. I've knit this cardigan several times before and know from experience that the back neck and shoulder section of the band needs to draw in so it lays right at the back neck. If it's just knit straight, it flops around. The K2, P2 compresses enough that it lies right for the shaping. I don't think it's super obvious that I changed the ribbing and I figured with my long hair, it probably won't show anyway, but it solved the fit problem!