<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4292445769315597913', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Some Sewing

Kobe top in cotton voile 
I made a new top.  This is the Kobe top by Papercut Patterns.  I made it in an Art Gallery Fabrics Voile which, while lovely to work with, has just barely enough drape for this particular pattern.  When I do it again, I'll probably use a rayon so I can get more drape.
Kobe top in cotton voile
The pattern worked up really quickly.  The back pleat section is a bit complicated, but there's an online tutorial with more pictures than the pattern directions have and that helped me figure out what to do.  I did make a couple of changes to the pattern (since that's what I do):  I took off two inches from the back length while leaving the hem shaping the same, and I added three inches to the front length and reshaped that hem to a shirttail shape.  The back hem was still a little bit longer than the front, but not as dramatically as the pattern was originally, and the front isn't cropped.  When I make it again (and I will), I might also shorten the sleeve a bit.  I haven't tried it back on since I hemmed them so I do need to double check that.

The voile is really great fabric, slightly lighter weight and with more drape than Liberty Tana Lawn, but just as easy to work with.  This is the fourth substrate (quilting cotton, voile, rayon, and knit) I've worked with from Art Gallery Fabrics and I've been very happy with all of them.  Their fabrics aren't cheap, but in this case, you get what you pay for.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home