A Blue Hat
I finished Caleb's new hat, so it's tucked away with the Christmas gifts. This is the Musselburgh hat pattern (the fifth time I've made it). I knit it in Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Crazy in the 1535 Stonewashed colorway, so the yarn did all the heavy lifting - all I did was knit. Since the yarn has gradual color changes the two halves of the hat are different, so he can choose which side he wants as the public side.
This is the other side. Both should go with his navy blue jackets.
This is such a great pattern and fun to knit. I've made him fingering weight hats before using this pattern and he's commented that they are very warm. Granted, he's here in Texas, but having two layers of hat, means an extra layer of air trapped between, and even in fingering weight yarn, that's nice and warm. Obviously, if you're knitting for someone in the frozen north, you'll probably want to use a heavier weight yarn.
Labels: hats












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home