<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Fluffy Lipstick


Its finished! I plyed the Guardians of Lipstick and the Fluff from Hell, and here it is! The picture came out a little darker and more purple than it is in real life. The skein is still a little wet so I haven't thwacked it yet. Apparently silk likes to be beaten a bit to bring out its shine and angora likes to beaten to make it fuzzy. I don't really know how merino and mohair feel, but they'll be beaten with the rest of the yarn. I just love how this yarn came out, even before the skein is "finished." I got 870 yards out of it and while I haven't checked wpi (wraps per inch) yet, it looks to be close to the size of Zephyr. I started with 2 ounces of the Kid Mohair/Angora and 2 ounces of the Merino/Bombyx Silk (Guardians of Fire was its real name). I haven't weighed the skein here because its not quite dry but I still have a good amount of the Guardians singles left over, so this skein is less than 4 ounces. I'll ply the leftover Guardian on itself and maybe use it to knit an edging on whatever I make from this. The colors should work since the Guardians make up half of this skein. I don't know what I'll make with it yet, maybe I'll design something new!

I'm almost done with the dress. I just have to put in the zipper and do the facings and hem. Shouldn't take much longer. Pictures tomorrow!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Guardians of Lipstick is really pretty, but the fact that you have almost sewn a whole dress in a day is what caught my eye! I remember the days of my mother making me sew something (because you cannot be a successful woman unless you know how to sew and fry a chicken) and it took what seemed like forever to finish it! I can't wait to see the pictures! Mindy

8:34 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Hell's Guardian of the Fluffy Lipstick is quite pretty. Does it have a destiny yet?

Destiny! destiny! No resisting Destiny!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Beautiful work Melanie! I can't wait to see what you design to use the Guardians for......
Also can't wait to see the dress that you are making!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie , I was out searching for blogs on dating online and found your site. Although Fluffy Lipstick wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for dating online related information, and I'm glad I stopped by. Keep up the good work.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous dating said...

Hi Melanie , I was out searching for blogs on personals and found your site. Although Fluffy Lipstick wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for personals related information, and I'm glad I stopped by. Keep up the good work.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for information on jersey lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and

difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for jersey lemon law, I came accross your site, not exactly what I

was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Carnival said...

Greetings, I was reading some blogs and came across your blog. I really enjoy how it makes such good reading.

I'll come by again.

Regards,

MSM Degree Online

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home