<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Kid mohair and Angora....FINISHED!


As you can see by the bobbin on the left, I finished the kid mohair and angora roving I dyed pale pink. I'm glad to have this done. I love the color and the softness is amazing but it was a pain to spin. Both Kid Mohair and Angora are slippery fibers and they really didn't want to behave themselves. Spinning this was the first time I've ever had the singles drift apart while spinning (not enough twist) and the end buried itself in the bobbin. The more you touch this silly stuff, the more it blooms - just gently rubbing your finger along the singles is enough to get it to start blooming (fluffing up into a glorious angora haze for all you non spinners). So, you can imagine how fun it was to find the end of the singles after it broke. I tried rubbing it gently in the opposite direction that it winds on, it got fuzzier. I tried gently using the sticky side of painter's tape to find the end, it got fuzzier. I was terrified that I would have to cut the singles just to find an end to finish spinning it, but I finally got lucky and by pulling one strand away from the bobbin, I just rewound the silly thing until I found the end. I have now decided that this bobbin full of singles will hereafter be known as Fluff from Hell. I think I'll take my Kid Mohair and Angora separate and mixed with a little wool from now on.

On the right side of the picture, on the bobbin, you can see that I've started spinning something else. This is Border Leicester lamb's wool and mohair that I got from Kid Hollow Farm up at MDS&W. The color is Loganberry and it has turquoise, fuschia, purple, and kind of a mango color in it. It spins up very fast, and I'm really enjoying it after all the lace weight I've been spinning. I had only planned on spinning one bobbin of it (about 4 1/2 ounces) before I ply the Guardians of Lipstick with the Fluff from Hell (see above), but as fast as this is going, I don't think the Fluff from Hell singles will be dormant quite yet, I sure don't want to mess with them while they are active, I've had enough problems with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home