<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, June 13, 2005

Its hip to be square

This weekend I played with my Hazel Rose Loom. I used my first ever handspun yarn, figuring if I got it out and used it, it would be happier in a square than living in the back of one of my stash cubbies. I have soaked the square after weaving it here and just patted it back into shape but I haven't ironed it yet. I'm pretty happy with it. This is the first time I've woven anything since my potholder days as a kid and I didn't do very many of them. I know there are places where I've pulled the yarn tighter than other places, but I figure I'll get better at that with some practice.

In other news, I will have my version of the Mystery Stole off the needles tonight! Its been a really fun project and I hope that all the Mystery Stole Alongers (498 this morning!) are having fun with it too. I can't even begin to explain how much I've learned doing this thing. I look back now at how I thought it would go, what I would have to do, and the size I imagined it being (10-20 or so - HA!) and I realize that I had no idea what I was getting myself into. On the other hand, if I had known then what I would be learning, I probably would have chickened out and not done it. Being completely in the dark does have advantages!


Blogger luvs2knit said...

That is great, Melanie. I'm glad to see that you are having fun with the mystery KAL. I know a couple people doing it and they are having a great time with it.

Did you create the pattern yourself?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You are doing an AWESOME job as List Mom, List Mom. Thanks. :)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home