Loganberry Socks - Finished
I finished the Loganberry socks this weekend and I just LOVE the way they came out! The yarn fluffed up even more after I blocked them and they have a lovely haze of mohair about them. I have more of this yarn left over and I'm thinking about doing some fingerless mitts for myself out what's left. I should probably say, part of what's left. I originally had 9 ounces of yarn, spun from 9+ ounces of roving. The socks weigh just over 2 ounces, so I have around 6-1/2 ounces left. I figure mitts shouldn't weigh any more than socks - even if I make long cuffs, which I'm considering - so, any ideas on the remaining 4 ounces of yarn?
I did some "blogkeeping" yesterday, I cleaned up my sidebar and added a new link to patterns (yes there is only one pattern, but there are more on the way!), then Christine went through and fixed all the messes I had made while "fixing" things up. Yeah, Christine! So now everything looks really great and when you want to see the pattern, you can just click the link in the sidebar (go ahead, click it, it won't bite). I would also like to add a disclaimer to the picture for the pattern. Yes, that is Ramius the Alpaca Eating Cat sitting on a 100% alpaca stole, but no stole or cat was harmed in the making of the picture. You see, Ramius had been sitting in the sunshine for about 45 minutes and his brain was well baked. I pulled him out of the sun, and plopped him on the stole, got several pictures and just about the time he started realizing that he wasn't in the sun anymore, I took him off the stole. He has no recollection of any stole that he might or might not have sat upon.