So remember how the other day I showed you Wicked and said I only had 20 rounds until I cast off for the body? Last night I sat down with it and got to work, hoping that I would be able to finish the body before bedtime. Well, as I was knitting along, I noticed that the needle in my right hand was feeling a bit funny. The yarn kept feeling like it was catching on it, so I took a look and sure enough, the needle was coming out of the metal sleeve that covers the needle/cord joint. Fortunately I caught it before I lost any stitches, but it had to be glued before I could knit anymore.
I don't know if this problem is a needle problem or just because these needles are several years old. These are size 7's US and with the weight of a worsted weight sweater hanging off of them, there is probably quite a bit of stress at the joint, and this is far from the first sweater I've knit on them. I have learned the hard way that I need to let the super glue dry before I try to knit again or I'll glue my fingers to the needles.* I put the clip on the cable to keep the sweater from getting glued to the needles also. At this point I have about 5 and a half rounds left before casting off for the body and I WILL get those last few rounds done today - maybe I'll even be able to start sleeves!
*I tend to be adhesive challenged. 9 times out of 10 I'll super glue myself to what ever I'm trying to fix or even just glue myself to myself. Mickael has rescued me with nail polish remover more times than I care to remember. Back when we were first married and had to do our own moving (we refer to them as the UHaul days), we had a tape gun to close up the boxes and more often than not, I would tape myself to the box in the process of closing it. He always rescued me from the boxes too. Now that our moves are taken care of by his job, my biggest adhesive concerns are super glue related. Its good to have movers.