Mitts + Moebius = Matching Set!
Blonde Pulsvarmer mitts that, like the name implies, are really pulse warmers - there is no thumb and the lace comes up over the hand a bit. Its a free pattern and I thought the lace was similar to the lace edging on the Moebius. I cast on an extra 20 stitches to make mine a little longer on the arm and I did one less repeat of the lace than the pattern calls for because they were plenty big to go around my hands and arms. Otherwise, I knit them to the pattern. (Also, I did knit two of them, but could only photograph one on my arm because the other hand was holding the camera. Didn't want you to think that my right arm was left out in the cold.)
Bea had a question about the blocking of the Moebius from yesterday's post. I can't really take credit for figuring out how to block it, because if you go through the projects for the Wave of Color Moebius on Ravelry, several of the people who made it took photos during blocking. This was a huge help, because like Bea mentions, the twist is a bit problematic. What I did was pin out more than half the points in a circle and let the remaining points flop as they wished. Then I sprayed the pinned ones with water and let them dry. Once they were dry I unpinned them and pinned down the remaining, unblocked points (and a few already blocked points, just for good measure), sprayed them down (very carefully so I wouldn't mess up what was already blocked) and let those dry. At this point, all the lace was blocked but the center of the Moebius (where the cast on was) was not as smooth as the rest, so I slipped the Moebius over the end of the ironing board, stretching it a bit and sprayed just the middle with water - being VERY careful not to re-wet the points - let that dry and then turned it around so the section that was underneath the ironing board was on top (I kept the twist under the ironing board), sprayed that and let it dry. It sounds like a very involved process, but even though there were essentially four different blockings, it's a small piece so pinning out didn't take long, and in light, fingering weight yarn things dry quickly when the ceiling fan is running above them. I was able to get the whole thing done in a day.