Saturday evening I knit across the finish line on my first 2014 Ravellenics project! I would have been finished Saturday afternoon, but as I got just past the halfway point on the crochet chain bind off, I realized I wouldn’t have enough yarn. I had to undo what I had done of the bind off and tink back the final round of knitting. I ended up with less than five yards of yarn left.
If you’ve ever wondered what blocking does, this is a good illustration. This is the blanket as it looks, fresh off the needles with only the ends woven in (not trimmed, they get trimmed after blocking). I washed it, which helped the yarn relax, and was then able to block it flat. I don’t think I could have blocked it flat while it was dry.
Once the blanket dried completely, it was nice and flat, and BIG! This thing is 69 inches across! And if you’re wondering if it passed Max inspection, he’s already made a fort under it. Here’s the Rav project page
for it, and a detail shot of the center.
Labels: Blanket, ravellenics