I’ve been doing a little bit of sewing on this project every afternoon, and I think that I’m finally
ready to start putting it together! Honestly, although I still have stacks of pieces laying on my sewing room floor, I’m probably about halfway through or more with the total amount of sewing on this bag. Going clockwise from the top right you can see: the key clip (that will go in the interior of the bag and is something I added, not in the original pattern), the D-ring tabs (those are on the exterior of the bag to give the long strap someplace to clip), The zipper placket (it’s also fully lined on the underside), the long strap, and the handles. I also made an interior zipper pocket on one of the sides of the lining. The pattern has slip pockets both inside and out, but I decided I wanted a zipper pocket on the inside as well, so I added it. I just forgot to get it in the photo.
I’m documenting all of the steps as well as sources for my hardware on the Ravelry page
I set up for this project. If you’re really curious and want more information, you can go here
and check it out.
When we first got the details of this project, I wasn’t very excited about it and it took me a while to decide what to make and how to use the yardage. I’m really enjoying it now. I also understand why Vera Bradley bags cost so much! On the other hand, my third Camp Loopy project will be much simpler.
Labels: Camp Loopy 2015, sewing