<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4292445769315597913', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Copycats

After double checking the fit of the dress pattern I made from the store bought dress, I made it up in some fancier fabrics!
Dresses
The first version is a Riley Blake knit, navy with cream colored feathers.
Dresses
The second dress was made with Art Gallery Fabrics knit, from the Mediterraneo line.  This is the same print I used to make a Wiksten tank earlier this spring, only that was the rayon, this is the knit.  I had originally planned to use it to make a short sleeved Moneta but decided to use this pattern instead.  I purposely placed the lemons on the front bodice piece, being the PinkLemon and all!  (There aren't as many lemons in the print as the photos appear to have.)
Dresses
I don't think I showed the back view before, but here it is.  There's a reverse box pleat right at the center back of the skirt.  It's hard to see in photos of the darker colors, but this print shows it pretty well.

I used navy thread for both of these so I sewed them up together.  Since I don't have enough cone thread to have the serger and the coverstitch machine threaded at the same time, this made it faster only having to move thread once.  I'm really enjoying having the coverstitch machine and while it's not essential, I love the way I can finish my knits with it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home