<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4292445769315597913', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, August 07, 2018

I Made A Bralette!

This whole blog post may be TMI, but I'm really proud of my first bralette and decided to show it off.  Fifi has agreed to model because she just doesn't care.

I made the Barrett Bralette from Madalynne which is a free pattern (the link goes to all her free patterns, scroll down for the Barrett).  It wasn't hard to make, but there were a few things that were new to me sewing-wise.  Fortunately, the directions were easy to understand and got me through it.
The Barrett Bralette
Also new to me were the fabrics.  I usually use natural fibers when I sew, but synthetics tend to work better for bras and bralettes.  I got the supplies (fabrics and hardware) from a kit purchased at Tailor Made Shoppe on Etsy (I purchased it).  The main fabric is a scuba which I've never used before and it's lined with a stretch mesh, which I've also never used before.  Both fabrics are slippery and stretchy, but I didn't have any trouble dealing with them as long as I took my time.
The Barrett Bralette
It took me about two and a half hours to make the bralette, but that includes time spent ripping a couple of mis-sewn seams and doing a load of laundry.  The finished bralette not only fits, but it's comfortable to wear all day.  I made the Small size (32C in RTW) and I have enough fabric to make another one, but I'll need to get more elastics and sliders/rings to complete it.  It was really a fun project to make and you'll probably be seeing more of my underwear on the blog!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home