Easter Egg Woolies
Don't you wish this would show up in your Easter Basket? This is eight ounces of Coopworth roving that I dyed with Easter Egg Dyes. This is the first time I've used Easter Egg Dyes and it was so much fun, I'll definitely be doing it again. I'm so happy with the way the colors came out. It was just what I needed yesterday, watching the snow and the wind outside. I'm thinking about dividing the colors up some when I spin them, then Navajo plying and making stripey socks with it, but I haven't decided yet. For those interested, each little roving ball is about 1-1/3 ounce of fiber. I used one tablet of the dye, added a cup of vinegar and let it dissolve. Then I added 2 cups of water and poured the mixture over the roving which was in individual pyrex dishes. I squished the roving around and flipped it over (very gently), then covered it with a piece of parchment paper and popped it in a 225 degree oven for 45 minutes or so. It was very easy to do. I assume that adding more wool would make the colors lighter and adding more dye/less wool would make the colors darker. I'm going to have to try it again with some light brown wool, just to see what happens to the colors then.