The Sleeves are Growing! They're Growing I Tell You!
OK, so it's not quite as dramatic as all that, but they are getting bigger. Not in a weird science kind of way so much as a quietly knitting kind of way. I'm more than two thirds through with the increases and I have no idea how long they are at this point (I know they're not anywhere near the full length yet so I haven't bothered measuring). I'm thinking that it's probably a good thing I started with the sleeves because due to the fit (this sweater is larger than my usual sizing because it's more of a jacket type of garment than a lightweight sweater) and the fact that this design has saddle shoulders (I've never done this before - cross your fingers), the sleeves are probably the biggest pieces of the whole sweater. The fronts don't have increases and while the back is twice the size of each front, it's still smaller than the size of these two sleeves. What I'm trying to say here (I think) is that even though each row of sleeves seems to be taking a while, once I finish them, I should be able to whip out the body pieces much quicker. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
In a completely different topic, I made some changes to the Pink Lemon Twist Patterns For Sale page. When I first started writing patterns, Christine helped me set up the page with a thumbnail picture of each design along with the price and a link to the design's full blog entry with all the details and purchasing links. This worked well when I only had a few designs, but as I've kept writing patterns (I have 10 for sale now), the page has gotten kind of messy. As you scrolled down you'd see stole, stole, sock, mitts, stole, stole stole, sock, etc. - there was no system to it. I just kept adding the newest patterns to the bottom of the page. If you were shopping for just stole patterns, it was possible to miss one because they were scattered amongst the socks (and vice versa). Also, due to the thumbnail photos (which I've decided were pretty much too small to really show the design well), the page was a long one to scroll down and I realized that as long as it was now, it was just going to get longer (I'm hoping to release at least 3 more patterns this year).
So, I have re-done the pattern page without thumbnails and I have listed the patterns by type (stoles, socks, etc.) so that they're easier to find if you're looking for a specific design. Where a single pattern has two designs such as Swan Lake also including The Wings of A Dream, I have listed both designs under the Stoles heading, but they link back to the single blog entry for the pattern. I've done the same thing with Scheherazade and the Storyteller Socks. They are packaged together in a single pattern, but if you're looking for the Storyteller Socks design, you'll find it under the Socks header and the link will take you to the Scheherazade page, where the Storyteller Socks can be found. I'm hoping this will make it simpler to find specific designs and I think the page looks cleaner and easier to read. Let me know what you think in the comments. Here is the Old Pattern Page and here is the New Pattern Page.